Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Newport News Central Labor Council records contain correspondence, minutes and financial documents concerning affiliation of local unions, delegates, charities, voter registration drives, organizing campaigns, and race issues.
The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO, 1947-1976, consist primarily of minutes, directories, memoranda, contracts, correspondence and lists of both affiliated and non-affiliated local unions in Virginia.
The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
- Industrial relations 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Building trades 1
- Labor leaders 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Racial discrimination 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Voter registration 1 ∧ less
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 2
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 1018 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Newport News Central Labor Council (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 540 (Newport News, Va.) 1