Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The records, 1946-1985, of Carpenters Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) contain correspondence, minutes, financial statements, legal papers, work rules, contracts, bylaws, and pamphlets. The primary correspondents for Local 225 are Recording Secretaries T.D. Harper (1946-1949) and J.V. Edmonson (1950-1985).
Abstract: Formed in 1899, Carpenters Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) would later absorb Local 1847 in 1921 and Local 1826 in 1939. The collection consists of minutes, financial documents, legal papers, correspondence and printed items. The papers reflect the local's concerns including full employment for its members, advising members not to go to Tampa, Fla. in 1904 to break a strike, attempts in 1943 by the War Manpower Board to freeze carpenters on the job and other union concerns and activities.
Abstract: The records, 1901-1968, of United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 396, Newport News, Virginia, consist of financial ledgers and minute books. The records include those of Local 887, Hampton, and a minute book from the Peninsular District of Virginia.
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Hampton (Va.) 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Newport News (Va.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America 2
- Georgia State Council of Carpenters 1
- North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council 1
- Nunn, Louis M. 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 225 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 256 (Savannah, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 396 (Newport News, Va.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 887 (Hampton, Va.) 1
- Wood, Wire, and Metal Lathers' International Union 1 ∧ less