Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Herb Butler papers
Abstract Herb Butler was born November 4, 1927 in Silver Grove, Kentucky In his career with the union he served as Chairman, Region & Servicing Representative, a member of the Employment Security Agency Advisory Council, Director of the Atlanta area UAW from 1969 to 1990, and Chairman of Local the Local 10 Retirees chapter. He was loved and respected by his peers, and became one of the most influential leaders in labor union history in the state of Georgia. The Herb Butler United Auto Workers...
Herb Green papers
Herb Green began his career in the labor movement shortly after being employed in the General Motors plant in Doraville, Georgia, in 1948, by serving on the union's collective bargaining committee. His Papers, 1959-1981, include thirty photographs of Green (also pictured are Andrew Young, Lane Kirkland, Sen. Walter Mondale, and Sen. Jim Sasser), and newspaper articles about him.
William "Bill" Roberts collection
The collection of William "Bill" Roberts contains telegrams, bulletins and letters relating to a strike of the Fisher Body Employees in 1936.
Dates: 1936, 1948
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Automobile industry workers 1
- Congresses and conventions 1
- Correspondence 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- proceedings 1 ∧ less
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 2
- Butler, Herb (James Herbert), 1927-2008 1
- General Motors Corporation. Fisher Body Division 1
- Green, Herb (Herbert C.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO) 1