Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Records, 1893-1971, of Lodge No. 1, the founding lodge of the International Association of Machinists, are composed principally of minutes that describe the problems faced by a railroad lodge as automobiles, busses, trucks and airplanes made profound changes in the transportation industry. Financial documents, that record the Lodge's varying economic situation through seven decades, constitute the bulk of the remaining records.
The collection of Jesse Walton, 1949-1950, consists of clippings and correspondence describing the railway workers strikes, 1949-1950 and Walton's political contest against Hoke Smith in 1950.
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Machinists -- Labor unions 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Railroads -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Amalgamated Transit Union. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Federated Railway Employees of Atlanta 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 1 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. District Lodge 112 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1