Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 Records, 1911, 1940-1973, consist of correspondence, financial documents, minutes, legal documents, and printed material. Correspondence is with international officers of the Union, notably President Thomas Dunwoody and international representative Larry Smith. Legal records include documentation of the Local's involvement in a strike against Parks Printing Company, 1955.
Atlanta Printing Pressmen and Assistants Union, Local 8 records, 1963-1983, contain materials relating to the Joint Apprenticeship Committee, the International Printing and Graphic Communications Union Technical Education Program Correspondence Course, and some Local 8 financial records.
The records of Atlanta Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union, Local 527 (1954-1972), consist of correspondence, minutes, financial records, contract negotiation files, contracts, constitutions and other printed materials.
The records of Atlanta Graphic Communications Local Union No. 8 [bulk date 1940s-1980s] include agreements, negotiations, financial documents, contracts, training materials, and election materials. A number of predecessors of the local are represented in the records.
The Graphic Communications International Union, Local 8-M (Atlanta, Ga.) records consist of minutes, attendence rolls, reports, bylaws, election materials, photographs, newspaper clippings, and correspondence. Local 8-M represents workers in the printing industry in Atlanta and the surrounding area.
- Printing industry 4
- Labor union locals 3
- Printing industry -- Employees 2
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- Labor unions and education 1
- Printers 1
- Printing industry -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Wildcat strikes 1
- financial records 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- Graphic Communications International Union. Local 8-M (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialities and Paper Products Union Local 8 (Atlanta, Ga.) 3
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America. Printing Specialties and Paper Products Union Local 527 (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Amalgamated Lithographers of America. Local Union 51 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Graphic Communications International Union 1