Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: Cathey W. Steinberg was recognized as a leader for consumer, family, and women's rights during her service in the Georgia House of Representatives (1977-1989) and Georgia Senate (1991-1993). Her papers consist of correspondence, newsclippings, legislation, printed materials, reports, speeches, and campaign materials, 1976-1994, that document her public service and political campaigns.
Abstract: Dorothy J. Tracy, activist, author, financial planner, and lobbyist, was born in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in 1920. The bulk of the Dorothy J. Tracy Papers, circa 1967-1995, focuses on Tracy's efforts to ratify the ERA in Georgia through such organizations as the League of Women Voters of Georgia and Atlanta/Fulton, Georgians for ERA, and ERA Georgia, Inc. [the former Georgia Council for ERA].
Dates: circa 1967-1995
Abstract: Virginia MacMahon Ackerman earned a bachelor's degree in business from Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Georgia and was a stockbroker with Dean Witter Reynolds, Atlanta, for seven years and a director of marketing for Mainstream Access, Inc., Atlanta, for two years. The Virginia MacMahon Ackerman collection consists of an approximately 30 page scrapbook (with a 12 page insert), "Marketing the ERA in Cobb County," compiled by Ackerman in 1982 to document her activities to "market" the ERA in...
- artifacts (object genre) 2
- Cobb County (Ga.) 1
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Women -- Political activity 1
- Women legislators 1
- Women politicians 1
- Women--Political activity 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- photocopies 1
- photographs 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- Ackerman, Virginia MacMahon, 1939- 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- Steinberg, Cathey W. (Cathey Weiss), 1942- 1
- Tracy, Dorothy J., 1920- 1 ∧ less