Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract: Diane Winters helped found the Council on Battered Women in 1975 and continues to serve as a board member for the Georgia Advocates for Battered Women and Children. Her papers consist of correspondence, minutes and agendas, pamphlets, photographs, and a recording, 1974-2001, and relate to her work with the Georgia Network Against Domestic Violence, a branch of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and its affiliates.
Abstract: The Georgia Advocates for Battered Women and Children began as an all-volunteer feminist agency in the early 1980s. The Georgia Advocates for Battered Women and Children records are organized into three series: (I) Organizational files; (II) Printed materials; and (III) Audio-visual materials.
Dates: 1971-2000; Majority of material found within 1981 - 1997
Abstract: The Georgia General Assembly created the Georgia Commission on Family Violence (GCFV) in 1992. Focusing primarily on legislation, research, education and training, monitoring Family Violence and Batterer Intervention Programs and increasing community awareness, GCFV aims to increase the safety of survivors, improve the resources available and implement more adequate tools for family violence prevention. The records consist of correspondence, legal documents, legislative records, meeting minutes...
Dates: 1985-2011; Majority of material found within 1995 - 2008
Abstract: Margo Smith, born in Pennsylvania and educated in Massachusetts, has spent her professional career battling to end domestic violence. She served as director of the Georgia Network Against Domestic Violence in the late 1980s. The Margo Smith Georgia Network Against Domestic Violence papers, 1986-1990, consist of grant proposals, publications, newspaper articles, speeches, presentations, and administrative materials related Margo Smith's time as director of the Georgia Network Against Domestic...
Abstract: Men Stopping Violence is a social change organization dedicated to ending men's violence against women.
Abstract: Power of Women is a Georgia State University student organization affiliated with the Women's Studies Institute. The Clothesline Project is a display created by survivors of violence and those in support of survivors. The collection consists of the 80 T-shirts and two quilts displayed at the Power of Women's 3rd Annual Clothesline Project, March 18-22, 2002, as well as printed materials relating to the event.
Abstract: Susan May established the Council on Battered Women, and, as President of the Board and then Director, she nurtured a small task force to become a broadly-based community organization and built a comprehensive program of crisis line, shelter, children's program, and educational services. Her papers, 1979-circa 1985, include printed material, correspondence, and an original manuscript by a Council on Battered Women staff member.
Dates: 1979-circa 1985
Abstract: Formed in 1985, the Women's Resource Center to End Domestic Violence works through multiple avenues to combat domestic violence in DeKalb County. The records (1995-2010) are comprised of newsletters, annual reports, news clippings, event invitations, programs and photographs, and an apron.
- Subject: Abused women X
- Abused women 7
- Atlanta (Ga.) 6
- Abused women -- Services for 3
- Abused children 2
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 2
- Family violence -- Prevention 2
- Georgia 2
- Women's shelters 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- photographs 2
- Abused elderly 1
- Abusive men -- Counseling of 1
- Family services 1
- Family violence -- Law and legislation 1
- Legal assistance to children 1
- Police training 1
- Spousal abuse 1
- T-shirts 1
- Universities and colleges 1
- Women -- Crimes against 1
- Women political activists 1
- Women's studies 1
- case files 1
- correspondence 1
- pamphlets 1
- proposals 1
- quilts 1
- reports 1
- souvenir programs 1 ∧ less
- Georgia Network Against Domestic Violence 3
- Georgia Advocates for Battered Women and Children 2
- Men Stopping Violence, Inc. 2
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (U.S.) 2
- Advocates for battered women (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence 1
- Bathrick, Richard 1
- Carlin, Kathleen 1
- Council on Battered Women (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Douglas, Ulester 1
- Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence 1
- Georgia State University. Power of Women 1
- Georgia. Commission on Family Violence 1
- Kaufman, Gus 1
- May, Susan, 1941- 1
- National Clothesline Project 1
- National Network to End Violence Against Immigrant Women 1
- Serdahely, Shelley 1
- Smith, Margo, 1950- 1
- Sutton, Sherry (Sherry Shulman), 1941- 1
- Winters, Diane, 1952- 1
- Women's Resource Center to End Domestic Violence 1 ∧ less