Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract: The Atlanta Labor Council was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Atlanta Federation of Trades, AFL, and the Atlanta Industrial Union Council, CIO. Its records are composed of office files, financial documents, membership records, minutes, photographs, and printed material of the Atlanta Labor Council and affiliated organizations, 1915-1969 (bulk 1956-1969).
Abstract: The records of the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America, Local 193, 1905-1972 contain four minute books (1905-1911, 1927-1932, 1937-1940, and 1952-1957) that describe primarily routine internal union business, especially finances, meetings, and legal affairs.
Abstract The Columbus, Georgia, Labor Temple sereved as the headquarters for organized labor in Columbus Georgia during the 20th century. The Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) records consist of membership lists, correspondence, photographs, minutes, awards, agreements, apprenticeship materials, financial records, bylaws, real estate records, and jurisdictional decisions.
Abstract: The Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (GAWL) is a nonprofit corporation serving to support the diverse interests and needs of women lawyers in Georgia. The collection consists of administrative files, programs, scrapbooks, and audiovisual materials ranging from 1916-2016.
Dates: 1916-2016; Majority of material found within 1987 - 2016
Abstract: International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 89 existed in Cheyenne, Wyoming during the late 19th and into the twentieth century. The records includes minutes, financial records, correspondence, rolls and dues lists, administrative records of the Ladies Auxiliary, railroad maintenance booklets, and other general administrative records and items.
Dates: 1892-1972; Majority of material found within 1919 - 1940
International Association of Machinists, Local Lodge 104 and Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W.Va.) records
Abstract: International Association of Machinists, Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 were both in Huntington, WV. The records, 1915-1953, of Local 104 and Helpers Local 868 consist of membership rolls and financial ledgers.
Abstract: The collection consists of ledger books (including minutes, cash books, membership rolls and dues) that document the business activity of the Machinists' Local Lodge 846 for the years 1913-1956.
Abstract: The Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America, District Council 38, records include minutes, financial and legal documents, and correspondence that describe internal disciplinary actions and external jurisdictional disputes.
Abstract The Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (PATCO) was formed in 1968 to represent the interests of federally employed air traffic controllers and was dissolved in 1981, after a strike against the United States government resulted in all PATCO members being fired from their Federal Aviation Administration jobs. This finding aid (number 7 of 18) describes Series VII, Membership Files, 1971-1981 (20 linear feet of records in 73 boxes), from the the administrative office in Washington,...
United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
Abstract: The records of the United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada, Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.), 1952-1972, consist of correspondence dealing primarily with disputes with other unions over jurisdictional limits and with the entrance requirements, training, examination, restriction and certification of apprentices.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America from 1947-1968. The records include minutes and resolutions, correspondence, financial material, membership records, and records relating to the Union Hall dedication. The majority of the collection contains files relating to disputes or grievances mainly with the local's primary employer, the Ford Motor Company, Hapeville,...
Dates: 1947 - 1968
- financial records 9
- minutes (administrative records) 6
- Atlanta (Ga.) 5
- Labor union locals 5
- correspondence 5
- Labor unions 3
- Machinists -- Labor unions 3
- Central labor councils 2
- Grievance arbitration 2
- Labor leaders 2
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 2
- Labor unions -- Political activity 2
- Painters, Industrial -- Labor unions 2
- Paperhangers 2
- Air Traffic Controllers' Strike, U.S., 1981 1
- Air traffic controllers 1
- Air traffic controllers -- Training of 1
- Apprenticeship programs 1
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions 1
- Automobile mechanics 1
- Cheyenne (Wyo.) 1
- Collective labor agreements -- Air traffic controllers 1
- Columbus (Ga.) 1
- Fund raising 1
- Georgia 1
- Hapeville (Ga.) 1
- Huntington (W. Va.) 1
- Labor union members 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Lawyers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Machinists 1
- Office buildings -- Economic aspects 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Professional associations 1
- Southern States 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Air traffic control 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Women lawyers 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Atlanta Labor Council 2
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. District Council 38 1
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators, and Paperhangers of America. Local 193 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Columbus Labor Temple (Columbus, Ga.) 1
- Eads, Gary 1
- Engraved Steel Plate Finisher's Association 1
- Ford Motor Company 1
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers 1
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Greater Atlanta Citizenship Council 1
- International Association of Machinists 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 89 (Cheyenne, Wyo.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 104 & Helpers Local 868 (Huntington, W. Va.) 1
- International Association of Machinists. Local Lodge 846 (Washington, D.C.) 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 882 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Leyden, John F. 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Meyers, Robert E. 1
- Poli, Robert 1
- Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Retail Clerks International Union. Local 1063 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Schnitzler, F. William (Frank William), 1904- 1
- Torchia, Domenic 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada 1
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada. Local 72 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local 1723 (Columbus, Ga.) 1 ∧ less