Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The records, 1895-1939; 1948-1970, of the Atlanta Typographical Union, Local 48, consist of correspondence, minutes, financial documents, and printed material. They illuminate in detail the activities of the local -- membership campaigns, internal judicial and business matters, dealings with the Atlanta Typothetae and individual employers, and strikes and lockouts.
Frank Borman is well known as the commander of the first lunar orbit mission, Apollo 8, and as the Chief Executive Officer of Eastern Airlines from 1975-1986. The Frank Borman Papers, circa 1968-1989, contain office files and correspondence once held in the Office of the President at Eastern Airline's headquarters in Miami, Florida.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, District Lodge 46 (Atlanta, Ga.) records
The collection consists of records of District Lodge 46 (Atlanta, Ga.) of the International Association of Machinists from 1937-1965. Consists primarily of correspondence and contracts relating to union recognition and contract negotiation.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 721 (Durham, N.C.) records
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local Lodge 721 (Durham, N.C.) records contain mainly legal documents,1942-1990. The legal records cover arbitrations over labor disputes between IAM and Wright's Machinery as well as Sperry Electro Components.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Labor disputes 2
- Machinists -- Labor unions 2
- Airlines 1
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Durham (N.C.) 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Georgia 1
- Labor union locals 1
- Miami (Fla.) 1
- Printers -- Labor unions 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Airlines 1
- financial records 1
- legal documents 1
- medallions (medals) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers 2
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- Borman, Frank, 1928 March 14- 1
- Eastern Air Lines 1
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. Local Lodge 721 (Durham, N.C.) 1