Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: One folder, containing one copy of the script, three programs, and one review of the Los Angeles production Come Rain or Come Shine.
Abstract: John Herndon Mercer (1909-1976), a native of Savannah, Georgia, began writing songs at the age of fifteen and eventually became one of the foremost figures of 20th century American popular music. His catalog includes many numbers that have become American classics, and his activities as lyricist, composer, performer and businessman span a period of nearly five decades. The Johnny Mercer papers consist of biographical materials (including an unpublished autobiography), correspondence, drafts and...
Abstract: The Ober family lived near Johnny Mercer and his family on Lido Isle (Newport Beach, California) in the 1950s and 1960s. The two families became close friends. The collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other printed and manuscript materials, documenting the long relationship between the families, as well as collected material relating to Johnny Mercer, 1976-2000.
- correspondence 2
- Lyric writing (Popular music) 1
- Musicals 1
- Newport Beach (Calif.) 1
- Popular music -- Awards 1
- Popular music in motion pictures 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Sound recording industry 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- manuscripts (document genre) 1
- photographs 1
- scripts (documents) 1
- theater programs 1 ∧ less
- Capitol Records, Inc. 1
- Clines, Susan 1
- Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977 1
- Mercer, Ginger (Elizabeth Meltzer), 1909-1994 1
- Mercer, Johnny (Friends and associates) 1