Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Augusta Federation of Trade (AFT) from 1958-1974 and its predecessor, the Augusta Central Labor Union (ACLU), from 1943-1957. Includes minutes of the ACLU (1943-1957) outlining concerns of the organization, efforts to protect a local labor newspaper from advertising encroachment, and support for the Augusta bus drivers strike (1953-1955). Also contains minutes of the AFT (1965-1969), correspondence (1965-1974), financial documents (1963-1974), and...
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract The North Georgia Building and Construction Trades Council records consist of correspondence, legal files, financial records, contractor files, and minutes. Most of the materials date from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.
- Industrial relations 2
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Building trades 1
- Building trades -- Employees -- Labor unions 1
- Bus drivers 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Jurisdictional disputes 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions and mass media 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- correspondence 1
- financial records 1 ∧ less
- AFL-CIO. Augusta Federation of Trades. (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- Augusta Central Labor Union (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1