Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract: Originally organized as the Jacksonville (Florida) Central Labor Council, the Council changed its name to the AFL-CIO Council of Jacksonville around 1970. The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO Council of Jacksonville and its predecessor, the Jacksonville Central Labor Council, from 1956-1973, and includes correspondence, financial documents, minutes of the Jacksonville Central Labor Union and Council of Leadership for Community Advancement, general office files, and printed...
Abstract: AFL-CIO Region 8 records, 1930-1974, include correspondence, minutes, reports, legal papers, conference materials, membership cards, and printed materials. The collection pertains to the career of long time labor organizer and Region 8 Director, Paul R. Christopher (1910-1974).
Abstract: The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (ACTWU), which represented textile workers throughout the United States, was formed in 1976 out of the merger of The Textile Workers Union of America (TWUA) and the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America (ACWA). The Joint Board served as an administrative support unit for locals in Tennessee and the southeastern United States. The records of the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, Tennessee Joint Board (Knoxville, Tenn.),...
Abstract: The Records, 1917-1921, 1948-1975 of the Asheville North Carolina Central Labor Union bulk in the late 1950's- early 1970's. The material dated 1917-1921 consists of photocopies of a small amount of correspondence and printed material. The records include correspondence, financial documents and incomplete minutes. The bulk of the collection consists of form letters, circulars, and printed material illustrating the role of the Central Labor Union as a clearing house of AFL-CIO information for...
Dates: 1917-1921, 1948-1975
Abstract: The Atlanta Federation of Trades (AFT) was organized in 1891 and was comprised of representatives of the various local craft organizations in the Atlanta area. Its records, 1900-1937, include correspondence of AFT officers, minutes of the AFT's Labor Day Committee, membership information, and resolutions.
Abstract: The collection consists of the records of the Augusta Federation of Trade (AFT) from 1958-1974 and its predecessor, the Augusta Central Labor Union (ACLU), from 1943-1957. Includes minutes of the ACLU (1943-1957) outlining concerns of the organization, efforts to protect a local labor newspaper from advertising encroachment, and support for the Augusta bus drivers strike (1953-1955). Also contains minutes of the AFT (1965-1969), correspondence (1965-1974), financial documents (1963-1974), and...
Abstract: In 1958, the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council merged to form the AFL-CIO, Birmingham (Alabama) Labor Council. Records, 1954-1965, include minutes of the Birmingham Federation of Labor and the Birmingham Industrial Union Council, 1955-1958, and of the Birmingham Labor Council, AFL-CIO, 1964-1965, and correspondence, financial documents, printed material, and photographs.
Abstract: Chattanooga Area Labor Council Records includes correspondence, minutes, financial documents, legal papers, and printed materials, relating to the council, the merger of Chattanooga Industrial Union Council into it, politics, union elections, abolition of the poll tax, desegregation of public schools, Taft-Hartley Act, Tennessee laws concerning open and closed shops, Chattanooga Voters' Union, revision of the Tennessee State Constitution, and political education. Correspondents include Ross...
Dates: 1925-1972; Majority of material found within 1941 - 1972
Abstract: The collection consists of records of the AFL-CIO, Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) from 1953-1983. The records are comprised mainly of minutes (1957-1983) documenting the Council's activities, correspondence (1970-1971), and printed materials.
Abstract: The Georgia State AFL-CIO was created in 1957 by the merger of the Georgia State Industrial Union Council (CIO) and the Georgia Federation of Labor (AFL). The bulk of the records of the Georgia State AFL-CIO, 1957-1972, consist of minutes, correspondence, and financial records. Financial and other records document the Georgia State Industrial Union Council and Georgia Federation of Labor, 1916-1957.
Abstract: The Records, 1937-1979, of the Tennessee State Labor Council consist of correspondence, literature on pending state legislation affecting labor,
state of the stateaddresses of the Tennessee governors, and legislative bulletins and newsletters.
Abstract: The Virginia State AFL-CIO was organized in Richmond, Virginia in 1956 after the merger of the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations. The records of the Virginia State AFL-CIO (1963-1984) include executive board meeting minutes, voting records, newsletters, correspondence, Committee on Political Education (COPE) documents, conference materials, budgets, and financial reports.
Dates: 1956, 1963-1984
- minutes (administrative records) 6
- Labor unions 5
- Labor unions -- Political activity 3
- Tennessee 3
- Georgia 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 2
- Labor laws and legislation 2
- Labor unions -- Organizing 2
- Arbitration, Industrial 1
- Asheville (N.C.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Augusta (Ga.) 1
- Birmingham (Ala.) 1
- Bus drivers 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Decatur (Ala.) 1
- Florida 1
- Guilds 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
- Labor unions and mass media 1
- Local transit -- Employees 1
- Plumbers -- Labor unions 1
- Poll tax -- Law and legislation 1
- School integration 1
- Strikes and lockouts 1
- Textile industry 1
- Textile workers -- Labor unions 1
- Virginia 1
- Voter registration 1
- financial records 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- Textile Workers Union of America 2
- AFL-CIO 1
- AFL-CIO Council of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Asheville Central Labor Council (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Augusta Federation of Trades. (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Birmingham Labor Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Chattanooga Area Labor Council 1
- AFL-CIO. Committee on Political Education 1
- AFL-CIO. Decatur Area Labor Council (Decatur, Ala.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Department of International Affairs 1
- AFL-CIO. Region 8 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- AFL-CIO. Tennessee State Labor Council 1
- Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union. Tennessee Joint Board (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- American Federation of Hosiery Workers 1
- Atlanta Federation of Trades 1
- Augusta Central Labor Union (Augusta, Ga.) 1
- Birmingham Federation of Labor (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Birmingham Industrial Union Council (Birmingham, Ala.) 1
- Chattanooga Industrial Union Council 1
- Chattanooga Voters' Union 1
- Georgia Federation of Labor 1
- Georgia State AFL-CIO 1
- Georgia State Industrial Union Council 1
- Googe, George Logan 1
- Jacksonville Central Labor Union (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Jervis, John E. (John Elwood), 1909-1984 1
- Kefauver, Estes 1
- McKellar, Kenneth Douglas, 1869-1957 1
- Meany, George, 1894-1980 1
- Smith, Stanton E. (Stanton Everett), 1905- 1
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbers and Pipe Fitting Industry. Local 487 (Asheville, N.C.) 1
- United States. Labor Management Relations Act, 1947 1
- United Textile Workers of America 1
- Virginia State AFL-CIO 1 ∧ less