Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Cynthia Welch Hlass, real estate broker and former Atlanta NOW president was born in Kansas City, Missouri in 1944. The Cynthia W. Hlass Papers, 1970-1976, are arranged under the following topics: Atlanta NOW, Georgia NOW, National NOW, NOW State Legislative Coordinator, Equal Rights Amendment, and Miscellaneous and consist of manuscript and printed materials documenting Hlass's participation in NOW, as well as efforts to ratify the ERA in Georgia.
Dorothy Gibson-Ferrey was elected in 1972 as the first Chairperson of the reformed Georgia Commission on the Status of Women, having served on the board of the Fulton County Department of Children and Youth and the Georgia Committee on Crime and Delinquency. The bulk of the collection relates to her service on the Georgia Commission on the Status of Women, 1971-1992, and her work on the Equal Rights Amendment and with ERA Georgia.
Eleanor Hope Crisler Babcock, born November 8, 1931 in Atlanta, Georgia, has worked as a homemaker, substitute teacher, mortgage loan counselor, and insurance claims clerical supervisor. The Eleanor Crisler Babcock Collection contains printed materials and artifacts related to ERA ratification efforts from the Georgia chapter of NOW, ERA Georgia, Inc., and HERA.
Acting as a delegate from Atlanta NOW, Mary Jo Duncanson became involved with ERA Georgia, Inc. and the Equal Rights Amendment movement. The Mary Jo Duncanson papers, 1972-1984, document her involvement in the Equal Rights Amendment movement in Georgia.
Sherry Shulman Sutton, a native of Atlanta, Georgia, has been active in Georgia politics since the 1970s when she became involved in the Equal Rights Amendment/Women's Rights movement. The collection consists of office files and artifacts related to Shery Sutton's political and social movement activities during the late 1970s and 1980s.
- Georgia 2
- Women political activists 2
- College teachers 1
- DeKalb County (Ga.) 1
- Family violence 1
- Macon (Ga.) 1
- Sex discrimination against women 1
- Women politicians 1
- buttons (information artifacts) 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- invitations 1
- pamphlets 1
- reports 1 ∧ less
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 3
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 2
- National Organization for Women 2
- Atlanta Women's Network 1
- Babcock, Eleanor Crisler, 1931- 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Duncanson, Mary Jo, 1947- 1
- Gaunt, MaryAnne (MaryAnne Farnsworth) 1
- Georgia NOW 1
- Georgia. Governor's Commission on the Status of Women 1
- Gibson-Ferrey, Dorothy 1
- Ginn, Bo 1
- Hlass, Cynthia W. (Cynthia Welch), 1944-2003 1
- Housewives for E.R.A. 1
- League of Women Voters of Atlanta/Fulton County 1
- National Organization for Women. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Olson, Anne, 1934- 1
- Schlafly, Phyllis 1
- Sutton, Sherry (Sherry Shulman), 1941- 1 ∧ less