Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: Cathey W. Steinberg was recognized as a leader for consumer, family, and women's rights during her service in the Georgia House of Representatives (1977-1989) and Georgia Senate (1991-1993). Her papers consist of correspondence, newsclippings, legislation, printed materials, reports, speeches, and campaign materials, 1976-1994, that document her public service and political campaigns.
Abstract: Dotsie Holmes (1924-2010) was a women's rights activist from 1951, when she first moved to Atlanta and became aware of community property laws and the discrimination women faced in home ownership and pay. She served in organizations such as the Atlanta Chapter of the American Association of University Women and the Atlanta Chapter for the League of Women Voters, and lobbied for the Equal Rights Amendment in Georgia, 1973-1981. Her papers, 1945-2010, the bulk of which span from 1968-1987,...
Dates: 1945-2010; Majority of material found within 1968 - 1987
Abstract: The papers document women's rights activist Janet Cukor's involvement in efforts to pass the Equal Rights Amendment in the state of Georgia, and her participation in the National Women's Conference in Houston, Texas in November 1977, as well as her interest in other women-centered issues such as displaced homemakers, marriage and divorce legislation, and women in the workforce.
Abstract Laura J. Moriarty has been very active in community and civic affairs for several years. Her collection, circa 1978-1994 consists of materials relating to her involvement with various organizations, including the Abigails, the Democratic Party, the League of Women Voters, the Atlanta Regional Commission, the National Issues Forum and the National Commission on Social Security.
Dates: circa 1978-1994
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Equal rights amendments 3
- buttons (information artifacts) 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Community activists 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Women legislators 1
- Women politicians 1
- Women's rights 1
- artifacts (object genre) 1
- photographs 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 3
- League of Women Voters of DeKalb County, Ga. 2
- American Association of University Women 1
- Cukor, Janet, 1924- 1
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Holmes, Dorris, 1924-2010 1
- Moriarty, Laura J., 1945- 1
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, TX) 1
- Steinberg, Cathey W. (Cathey Weiss), 1942- 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1 ∧ less