Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: Cathey W. Steinberg was recognized as a leader for consumer, family, and women's rights during her service in the Georgia House of Representatives (1977-1989) and Georgia Senate (1991-1993). Her papers consist of correspondence, newsclippings, legislation, printed materials, reports, speeches, and campaign materials, 1976-1994, that document her public service and political campaigns.
Abstract: Dotsie Holmes (1924-2010) was a women's rights activist from 1951, when she first moved to Atlanta and became aware of community property laws and the discrimination women faced in home ownership and pay. She served in organizations such as the Atlanta Chapter of the American Association of University Women and the Atlanta Chapter for the League of Women Voters, and lobbied for the Equal Rights Amendment in Georgia, 1973-1981. Her papers, 1945-2010, the bulk of which span from 1968-1987,...
Dates: 1945-2010; Majority of material found within 1968 - 1987
Abstract: The papers document women's rights activist Janet Cukor's involvement in efforts to pass the Equal Rights Amendment in the state of Georgia, and her participation in the National Women's Conference in Houston, Texas in November 1977, as well as her interest in other women-centered issues such as displaced homemakers, marriage and divorce legislation, and women in the workforce.
Abstract: Sherry Shulman Sutton, a native of Atlanta, Georgia, has been active in Georgia politics since the 1970s when she became involved in the Equal Rights Amendment/Women's Rights movement. The collection consists of office files and artifacts related to Shery Sutton's political and social movement activities during the late 1970s and 1980s.
Dates: 1978-1992; Majority of material found within 1978 - 1988
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Women political activists 3
- Women politicians 2
- buttons (information artifacts) 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 3
- American Association of University Women 1
- Cukor, Janet, 1924- 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Ginn, Bo 1
- Holmes, Dorris, 1924-2010 1
- League of Women Voters of DeKalb County, Ga. 1
- National Women's Conference (1st : 1977 : Houston, TX) 1
- Schlafly, Phyllis 1
- Steinberg, Cathey W. (Cathey Weiss), 1942- 1
- Sutton, Sherry (Sherry Shulman), 1941- 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1 ∧ less