Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Cathey W. Steinberg was recognized as a leader for consumer, family, and women's rights during her service in the Georgia House of Representatives (1977-1989) and Georgia Senate (1991-1993). Her papers consist of correspondence, newsclippings, legislation, printed materials, reports, speeches, and campaign materials, 1976-1994, that document her public service and political campaigns.
The papers document women's rights activist Janet Cukor's involvement in efforts to pass the Equal Rights Amendment in the state of Georgia, and her participation in the National Women's Conference in Houston, Texas in November 1977, as well as her interest in other women-centered issues such as displaced homemakers, marriage and divorce legislation, and women in the workforce.
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- buttons (information artifacts) 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Political campaigns 1
- Women legislators 1
- American Association of University Women 1
- Cukor, Janet, 1924- 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Holmes, Dorris, 1924-2010 1