Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract: Donna Novak Coles was active with the Feminist Action Alliance, Housewives for the ERA, Georgia Women's Political Caucus, the League of Women Voters, and she was one of the few individual members of ERA Georgia. Inc., the umbrella organization for all groups supporting passage of the Equal Rights Amendment. The Donna Novak Coles papers, organized in two series, consists of manuscript materials (notes, correspondence, news clippings, printed materials and publications) related to Coles's...
Abstract: Elaine Hazleton Bolton worked as a political activist in support of ERA ratification and began her political activism in the late 1970s by working as a legislative aid to Senator Virginia Shapard. The Elaine Hazleton Bolton papers includes a file documenting the Polly Bergen/National Business Council for the Equal Rights campaign, a necklace, two pinback buttons, a t-shirt and two scarves.
Abstract: Margery R. Downey was involved with ERA Georgia during the 1970s and 1980s and has been a long-time member of the League of Women Voters in Montclaire, N.J. and in Savannah, Georgia. The papers consist of files relating to the League of Women Voters of Georgia, the Older Women's League (National and Metro Atlanta), efforts to pass the Equal Rights Amendment in Georgia, and various other women's issues -- in particular women and aging.
Abstract: The "Printed Collection: Periodicals" is an artificial collection of serial publications by or about women. Materials are usually received by Special Collections along with donated manuscript collections.
- Names: League of Women Voters of Georgia X
- Equal rights amendments 3
- Atlanta (Ga.) 2
- Family violence 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Women -- Political activity 1
- Women in community organization 1
- Women in public life 1
- Women political activists 1
- Women's rights 1
- Women's studies 1
- buttons (information artifacts) 1
- periodicals 1
- textiles (visual works) 1 ∧ less
- Georgia Women's Political Caucus 2
- Altrusa International 1
- Bergen, Polly 1
- Bolton, Elaine Hazleton 1
- Coles, Donna Novak 1
- Downey, Margery R. 1
- ERA Georgia, Inc. 1
- Feminist Action Alliance (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia State University Library 1
- Georgia. Select Committee on Constitutional Revision 1
- Housewives for E.R.A. 1
- National Business Council for the Equal Rights Amendment 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- Older Women's League (U.S.) 1 ∧ less