Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Amalgamated Transit Union, Division 732 records
Abstract: Division 732 of the Amalgamated Transit Union (Atlanta, Georgia) was recognized by the Georgia Railway and Power Company as a union in 1918. The relationship between Division 732 and the Atlanta Transit System, which lasted from 1950 to 1971, was relatively peaceful. After the purchase of the ATS by the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in 1971, the relationship between the union and management gradually deteriorated and led to the six day strike in 1973. The first...
Atlanta Transit System records
The collection consists of labor relation files of the various companies that have operated Atlanta's public transit system.
Jesse Walton collection
The collection of Jesse Walton, 1949-1950, consists of clippings and correspondence describing the railway workers strikes, 1949-1950 and Walton's political contest against Hoke Smith in 1950.
- Names: Amalgamated Transit Union. Local 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- Local transit 2
- Strikes and lockouts 2
- Collective labor agreements -- Local transit 1
- Grievance arbitration 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Amalgamated Association of Street, Electric Railway and Motor Coach Employees of America. Division 732 (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- American Transit Association 1
- Atlanta (Ga.). City Council 1
- Atlanta Transit System 1
- Georgia Power Company 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- Walton, Jesse L. 1 ∧ less