Vice President for Academic Affairs records
Scope and Content of the Records
Financial information, minutes, correspondence, reports, and logs generated during Eli Zubay's William Suttles's terms as Vice President of Academic Affairs, 1967-1982.
Restrictions on Access
Portions of the collection may be subject to restriction. Consult archivist before accessing the material.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Georgia State University is the owner of the physical collection and makes reproductions available for research, subject to the copyright law of the United States and item condition. Georgia State University may or may not own the rights to materials in the collection. It is the researcher's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and obtain permission from the copyright holder before publication, reproduction, or display of the materials beyond what is reasonable under copyright law. Researchers may quote selections from the collection under the fair use provision of copyright law.
Provost and Vice President for Arcademic Affairs: Summary Overview
Duties, Functions, Activities of the Office (examples):
Interactions with administrators and faculty; Decisions concerning finances and academic programs; The effect of Regents policies on GSU academic operations; The effect of accreditation standards on GSU programs; Faculty teaching, research, promotion, and tenure; Student grievances regarding academic issues; Development of academic programs and degrees.
Supervises: Academic Deans, Vice-Presidents
Reports to: University President
Position held by
- William M. Suttles -- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- William M. Suttles -- Executive Vice-President and Provost
- Eli A. Zubay -- Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Harold E. Davis -- Interim Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Thomas B. Brewer -- Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Frederick A. Massey -- Acting Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Thomas J. La Belle -- Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Cleon C. Arrington -- Acting Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Ronald J. Henry -- Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs
- Risa Palm -- Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Wendy Hensel -- Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
33 Cubic Feet (LS:213-A-(2-7))
Language of Materials
Contents by Series
Series 1. Subject Files.
- Subject File, 1969-78 (G78-14)
- Subject File, 1968-77 (G80-4)
- Subject File, 1970-78 (G81-22)
- Subject File, 1973-82 (G82-24)
- Subject File, 1969-82 (G82-29)
Series 2. Reading Files.
- Reading File, 1970-75 (G78-14)
- Reading File, 1975-78 (G82-5)
Series 3. Mail/Travel Logs.
- Mail/Travel Logs, 1971-79 (G80-27)
Transferred from the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, 1978, 1980, 1981, 1982.
Accessions G78-14, G81-22, and G82-5 processed by Shannon Lindsey, 1999; accession G80-4 processed by Laurel Bowen and Shannon Lindsey, February 1999, and Fran Barber, February 21, 1980; accessions G80-27 and G82-29 processed by Shannon Lindsey and Laurel Bowen, August 1999; accession G82-24 processed by Laurel Bowen, 1999. Summary overview by Laurel Bowen. Finding aid created from electronic sources by William W. Hardesty, 2008, 2012.
- Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- A Guide to Its Records in the Georgia State University Archives
- Georgia State University Library
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Georgia State University Archives Repository
Georgia State University Library
100 Decatur St., S.E.
Atlanta Georgia 30303