William E. Clitheroe papers
Scope and Contents of the Papers
The collection contains an undated photocopy of an article about Clitheroe, AFL-CIO Region 6 records, education and news views, contracts and agreements, speeches and other various printed material from 1956 to 1971.
- Clitheroe, William E. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Collection is open for research use.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Georgia State University is the owner of the physical collection and makes reproductions available for research, subject to the copyright law of the United States and item condition. Georgia State University may or may not own the rights to materials in the collection. It is the researcher's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and obtain permission from the copyright holder before publication, reproduction, or display of the materials beyond what is reasonable under copyright law. Researchers may quote selections from the collection under the fair use provision of copyright law.
Biography of William E. Clitheroe
William E. Clitheroe was born in Millhill, England, and died of a heart attack at age 66 on December 23, 1972. He was an education director of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers and a staff member of the Texas AFL-CIO headquarters in Austin. He studied engineering at the London Polytechnic Institute and taught two Texas high school machine shop classes and an industrial education class at Texas A&M University.
0.1 Linear Feet (in 1 folder)
Language of Materials
William E. Clitheroe (1906-1972) was born in Millhill, England. He was an education director of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers and a staff member of the Texas AFL-CIO headquarters in Austin, Texas. His papers contain material related to AFL-CIO Region 6, contracts and agreements, speeches, and printed material, 1956 to 1971.
Donated by William E. Clitheroe, July 15, 1971, October 1, 1971 and October 14, 1971.
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Photograph Collection
- Photograph of 22nd International Association of Machinists, 1948
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Agreements Collection
- Agreements, Contracts; National and Local. Mostly Machinists Union, 1944-1971 (139 items, 3,650 leaves)
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Constitutions and By-Laws Collection
- Constitutions, ByLaws of several unions, National, State, and Local, 1939-1969 (56 items, 1,150 leaves)
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Various Pamphlets Collection
- On different subjects. 1953-1969 (5 items, 135 leaves)
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Standards and Rules Collection
- Standards and Rules of Various Union Organizations, 1953-1962 (4 items, 70 leaves)
Inventoried by E. L. Eltzroth, March 25, 1972 (L1971-01, L1971-08, L1971-10), David B. Gracy II (L1971-06).
- Clitheroe, William E. (Person)
- William E. Clitheroe:
- A Guide to His Papers at Georgia State University Library
- Georgia State University Library
- March 25, 1972
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2012: Electronic finding aid created by Chelsey Cashwell from a legacy finding aid.
Part of the Special Collections Repository
100 Decatur St., S.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303