E. Leon Stamey papers
Scope and Content of the Papers
The E. Leon Stamey papers include AFL-CIO organizing campaign files, subject files on oter organizing campaigns, general files, correspondence, and printed material. The papers include some personal materials.
- Stamey, E. Leon (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
To quote in print, or otherwise reproduce in whole or in part in any publication, including on the Worldwide Web, any material from this collection, the researcher must obtain permission from (1) the owner of the physical property and (2) the holder of the copyright. Persons wishing to quote from this collection should consult the reference archivist to determine copyright holders for information in this collection. Reproduction of any item must contain the complete citation to the original. All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.
E. Leon Stamey was Field Representative for the Organizing Department of the AFL-CIO, of Atlanta, Georgia.
1.7 Linear Feet (in 6 boxes)
Language of Materials
E. Leon Stamey was Field Representative for the Organizing Department of the AFL-CIO, of Atlanta, Georgia. His papers, 1971-1975, include AFL-CIO organizing campaign files, subject files on other organizing campaigns, general files, correspondence, and printed material. The papers include some personal materials.
Donated by E. Leon Stamey, June 22, 1972 (L1972-44); January 17, 1980 (L1980-03); June 3, 1982 (L1982-12).
During processing, materials were separated to other Southern Labor Archives Printed Collections. For pamphlets, see the Southern Labor Archives Pamphlet Collection finding aid (note that this collection has been weeded over time). For periodicals, see the Southern Labor Archives Periodicals Collection finding aid or catalog. For photographs, see the Southern Labor Archives Photographs Collection finding aid. For oversize, agreements, constitutions, and proceedings, consult Special Collections for access.
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Oversize Location
- Oversize #18: Newspapers and clippings, 1959-1971
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Agreements Collection
- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee -- Laundry and Dry Cleaning Local Union 3008, 1968 (accession L1972-44)
- Field Representatives Federation(FRF) Directly Affiliated Local Union No.3017, 1970, 1971 (accession L1982-12)
- Laborers International Union; Construction, Production and Maintenance Workers Local Union No.1293 (Columbia, SC), 1972 (accession L1982-12)
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Constitutions and By-laws Collection
- Arkansas State AFL-CIO (accession L1972-44), 1968
- Georgia State AFL-CIO (accession L1972-44), 1958
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Pamphlet Collection
- AFL-CIO pamphlets concerning UAW, structure, Congress, civil rights, leadership, Right-to-Work Laws, 1957-1972 (accession L1972-44)
- Non AFL-CIO pamphlets concerning Concern Georgia Workmen's Compensation Laws, union functions, voting, Right-to-Work Laws, automation, religion, Fair Labor Standards Act, council on industrial relations, labor history, Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act, 1959-1968 (accession L1972-44)
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Periodicals Collection
- From accession L1980-03: Arkansas Union Labor Bulletin, Dixie Bombardier (UAW Local 10, Atlanta), Government Standard (American Federation of Government Employees), Highland TWUA News, (Textile Workers Union of America, Local 839, Griffin, Ga.), Memo From COPE (AFL-CIO Committee on Political Education), Public Employee (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees), Senior Citizens News (National Council of Senior Citizens), UAW-CIO News (UAW-CIO Organizing Committee, Hayes Aircraft Company, Birmingham, Al.) - scattered issues, 1945-1972
- From accession L1972-44: AFL-CIO Education News and Views, Official News, UAW Solidarity, AI Labor Letter, Ammo, Newsletter--Arkansas State AFL-CIO, Group Research Report, Memo from COPE, Organizational Department Bulletin, Think, UAW-CIO News - scattered issues, 1951-1972
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Proceedings Collection
- Policy Resolutions, Third Annual AFL-CIO Constitutional Convention, 1959 (accession L1980-03)
Separated to Southern Labor Archives Photographs Collection
- Oversize photographs #2: Stamey and Representative Touchstone, CIO Convention, 1955 [L1972-44]
Inventoried by E. L. Eltzroth, August 10, 1972 (L1972-44); Robert Dinwiddie, August 20, 1980 (L1980-03) and July 6, 1982 (L1982-12). Multiple finding aids combined into one collections guide.
- Atlanta (Ga.)
- Columbia (S.C.)
- Hotel & Restaurant Employees and Bartenders International Union
- Hotels -- Employees
- Labor leaders
- Labor unions -- Organizing
- Laborers' International Union of North America
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning International Union
- Laundry workers
- Little Rock (Ark.)
- Milwaukee (Wis.)
- Office and Professional Employees International Union
- Professional employees
- Restaurants -- Employees
- South Carolina
- Tampa (Fla.)
- Textile Workers Union of America
- Textile workers
- White collar workers
- E. Leon Stamey:
- A Guide to His Papers at Georgia State University Library
- Georgia State University Library
- 1972, 1980, 1982
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2001: EAD finding aids created by Apex Data Services.
- 2005, 2007, February 2014: EAD revised and single finding aid created by William Hardesty.
Part of the Special Collections Repository
100 Decatur St., S.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
100 Decatur St., S.E.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303