Young, Andrew, 1932-
- Existence: 1932-
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Interviewed by Harvey Newman, Andrea Young, and Teresa Taylor. Andrew Young touches on a variety of topics in this interviw, including other archives that hold his materials, Paschal's, desegregation efforts, the work to move I-85 for the expansion of the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, politics and campaigning in the 1970s, and international business.
Interviewed by Harvey Newman and Andrea Young. Andrew Young discusses flooding in the Southeast, engagement between the federal governmnet and private sector, and development of the Atlanta Underground and the challenges it faces. He also discusses transit and traffic issues, and political campaigning. He and Andrea also dicuss details of reproducing a film and lunch plans. They also dicuss books written by various well-known people.
Interviewed by Harvey Newman, Teresa Taylor, Kelechi Uzochukwu, and Andrea Young. Andrew Young touches on a variety of topics in this interview, including development around MARTA stations, housing downtown, poverty, public-purpose capitolism, arts and culture funding, the Atlatna Zoo, urban planning, and the effects of international investment.
Interviewed by Andrea Young and Harvey Newman. Andrew Young recalls stories from his time in the Civil Rights Movement, at Congress, at the UN, and as mayor. Topics include the airport, the Ivan Allen campaign, racism in businesses, regulation of banks, MARTA and other forms of transportation, and becoming an international city. He also recounts stories about Martin Luther King, Jr and his wife.
Records of Andrew Young reading scripted or improvised narration. Recorded in seven total sessions on six different dates. Used for the Making of Modern Atlanta documentary.
The Harvey Newman papers (1967-2015) consists of Newman's professional, academic papers from his time at Georgia State University and contains teaching files, research materials, publications, drafts, interviews, and correspondence. Dr. Harvey K. Newman has an extensive academic and professional background in urban policy studies, with much of his research focused on Atlanta.
Speeches from a journalistic awards ceremony, from the Atlanta Press Club.
Speakers include: Andrew Young (6:24 - 10:45) Alex Taylor (17:45 - 22:05) Michael Adams (22:50 - 29:37) Sue Fink (34:56 - 35:40) John Portman (36:26 - 43:10) George Goodwin (49:06 - 55:00) Hank Klibanoff (56:00 - 1:10:46)
- Archival Object 8
- Collection 4
- Atlanta (Ga.) 3
- Urban renewal 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- African American business enterprises 1
- African American businesspeople 1
- African American social reformers 1
- African American women 1
- African Americans 1
- Boycotts 1
- Buckhead (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Charter schools 1
- Cities and towns--Study and teaching 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- College teachers 1
- Community development, Urban 1
- Eastern Air Lines, inc., Strike, 1989-1991 1
- Education 1
- Fulton County (Ga.) 1
- Georgia 1
- Household employees -- Labor unions 1
- Housing 1
- Industrial relations 1
- Intergovernmental fiscal relations 1
- Labor movement -- Study and teaching 1
- Labor unions -- Organizing 1
- Labor unions -- Political activity 1
- Labor unions and education 1
- Local transit 1
- Olympics 1
- Regional planning -- Citizen participation 1
- Resource programs (Education) 1
- Savannah (Ga.) 1
- Urban policy 1
- Water-supply -- Management 1
- Women household employees 1
- Women labor union members 1
- articles 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1
- photographs 1
- reports 1 + ∧ less